The Policy Monitoring and Research Centre (PMRC) is a public policy think tank that was established in 2012 to promote public understanding through research and education. Our role is to encourage and facilitate debate on social and economic policy issues critical to national development. PMRC’s vision is “Unlocking Zambia’s Potential” through evidence-based policy research analysis and reform proposals. www.pmrc.com
PMRC is a grant-aided institution under Gazette Notice No. 123 of 2021 within the Ministry of Finance and National Planning.
The institutions’ core analytical areas include; economic Development, Good Governance, Natural Resources & the Environment, and Social Development & Livelihoods.
Within these work areas, PMRC seeks to:
- Promote public understanding through research and education;
- Encourage debate on social and economic policy issues critical to national development;
- Disseminate research-based policy reform proposals; and
- Support the Government in recommending policies and procedures critical for national development.
To deliver its mandate PMRC works with, and leverages from pragmatic information, communication, and outreach networks of various institutions. These include Government, Civil Society Organizations (CSO), Academia, International Organizations and Cooperating Partners, National Assembly, Private Sector and the Media. This approach of collaboration has enhanced PMRC’s relevance to national development through awareness of public policy.
Objectives of the Assignment
The objective of the consultancy is to develop a three (3) year Strategic Plan to ensure that the institution fulfills its mandate.
Scope and Specific Objectives of the Consultancy
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review the vision, mission, and values based on PMRC‘s mandate;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
- Undertake a Situation Analysis of PMRC’s operations to date;
- Through a consultative process and application of appropriate tools of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Review the Institutional Capacity, Organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the PMRC mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas and make recommendations, if any;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
- Preparation of Strategic Planning document;
- Prepare a roadmap for the development of the strategic plan;
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan; and
- Finalize the Strategic plan and submit it to PMRC.
a) A three-year Strategic Plan (2023-2025) including a results and resources framework.
b) Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 40 working days.
Preliminary Selection Criteria
The Consulting Firm should be able to provide the following:
i. Current company certificate of incorporation/ registration.
ii. Proof of statutory compliance including tax in the country of incorporation/registration.
iii. Litigation status.
iv. Financial statement for the last 3 years.
Qualification of the Firm
The Consulting firm should demonstrate the following:
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience in Strategic Planning and Management and facilitation of Strategic Plan development.
- At least five (5) years of working experience on assignments on Strategic Plan development for Grant-Aided Institutions or Public Institutions.
- Prior experience in working with the Government and its partners and other stakeholders in the public sector, especially in the area of research, policy analysis, policy development, management, and program-related work.
Team Leader – Skills and Competencies:
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in research, policy development, management and corporate governance;
- Demonstration of participatory approaches in conducting assessments and facilitating strategic planning processes; and
- Current member of a relevant professional body.
The consultants will be selected using the Least Cost Based Selection method in accordance with the Public Procurement Act No. 8 of 2020 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2022.
Expressions of interest clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Consultancy to Provide Services of Developing an Institutional Strategic Plan for PMRC” must be submitted via email only to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the Expression of Interest is 29th July, 2022 at 17:00hrs Local Time. Late Expressions of interest will not be accepted.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Acting Executive Director
Policy Monitoring and Research Centre
Corner of John Mbita and Nationalist roads, Ridgeway
Private Bag, KL 10