PMRC presentation to Parliamentary Committee on Budget Estimates
The discussions bordered around;
- Fiscal Consolidation for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth.
- The specific macroeconomic objectives for 2019.
- Major observations on Education, Health and Agriculture allocation
- The 5 pillars of the Seventh National Development Plan
Among other points, PMRC submitted that for the 2019 Budget implementation to score above 70% success,
- Government must enforce and improve public finance management and curbing the misuse of public resources
- Government must take a decisive position on reducing on debt contraction and put in place a stringent debt management mechanism that would be transparent, accountable and participatory
- All spending Agencies must adhere to budget provisions as stipulated and there should be strict financial management at all levels.